You are now in the fun phase whre you start looking at houses that you could potentially be putting an offer on. Yay!! That’s exciting! But now how do you get the hosue that you love, and what are some potential things that you hold you back from getting your dream home.
Let’s talk about 5 Tips that will help you through the house hunting process:
- Know that there’s no “right” time to buy... If you find the perfect home now, don’t risk losing it because you are trying to guess where the housing market and interest rates are going.
- Don’t ask for too many options...It’s natural to want reassurance for a big decision, but too opinions from too many people will make it much harder to make a decision. Focus on the wants and needs of the people who will actually live in the home.
- Accept that no house is ever perfect…If it’s in the right location, the yard may be a bit too small. The kitchen may be perfect, but the roof needs repair. Make a list of your top priorities and focus on what’s most important to you. Let the minor ones go.
- Don’t try to be a killer negotiator… Negotiation is definitely part of the Real Estate process, but trying to “win” by getting an extra-low price or refusing to budge may cost you the home you love.
- Plan Ahead… Don’t wait until you’ve found a home to get approved for a mortgage, investigate insurance, or consider a moving schedule.
Watch More in the video below: